In the story, three wishes are granted to the owner of the monkey’s paw, but the wishes come with an enormous price for interfering with fate.
If you get things that you desire, there may be unforeseen and unpleasant consequences.
WISH FOR + NOUN
WISH TO + NOUN CLAUSE
WISH SOMEONE SOMETHING
1. What did the characters wish for?
2. What were the consequences?
3. What would you wish for if you found the monkey’s paw. Write down three wishes.
II. Now watch the segment from the movie Maleficent and answer the questions:
1. What did the fairies wish for the princess?
2. What did Maleficent wish for?
III. Work with a partner:
What would you wish for the following people? Work with a friend and write at least one sentence for each of the items below. Follow the grammar instructions to create your sentences.
- The president of your country
- Your parents
- Your best friend
- The world population
- Africans with Ebola
- Animals in danger of extinction
from Movie Segments to Assess Grammar Goals http://ift.tt/1IJogxq