Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lesson 429 – Mechanics – Punctuation – Dashes

Dashes are used to give emphasis to written ideas and are typed by using two hyphens. They should be used sparingly.
Use dashes to show hesitation. Example: I–I–I don’t know what you mean!
Instructions: Use dashes where they are needed in the following sentences.
1. You you you are the one who did it.
2. I heard him say “Oh oh oh my head!”
3. I I I didn’t mean to do it.
4. Well well well I guess I can try to help with it.
5. Soon very soon we should be there.
–For answers scroll down.
Answers:
1. You–you–you are the one who did it.
2. I heard him say “Oh–oh–oh my head!”
3. I–I–I didn’t mean to do it.
4. Well–well–well I guess I can try to help with it.
5. Soon–very soon we should be there.

For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/24QxG6Z


No comments:

Post a Comment