Friday, May 27, 2016

Quiz for Lessons 436 – 440 – Mechanics – Punctuation – Brackets/Slash

Instructions: Make the necessary changes in these sentences by using brackets and slashes as learned in the lessons.
1. “The bear loved the sweat honey in the tree.”
2. You will need two thirds of a cup for this recipe.
3. Send the letter to me in care of my father.
4. The man saw the doctor Dr. Rymechisel on his second visit to the clinic.
5. Mr. and or Miss Smith will be at the reception.
6. I drive my car 75 miles per hour on the highway in Montana.
7. “The theif was eager to get away from the crime.”
8. Mr. Reed the man with the mask is my next door neighbor.
9. I type about 40 words per minute.
10. This must have happened about 1984 or 1985.
–For answers scroll down.
Answers:
1. “The bear loved the sweat [sic] honey in the tree.”
2. You will need 2/3 cup for this recipe.
3. Send the letter to me c/o my father.
4. The man saw the doctor [Dr. Rymechisel] on his second visit to the clinic.
5. Mr. and/or Miss Smith will be at the reception.
6. I drive my car 75 mi./hr. on the highway in Montana.
7. “The theif [sic] was eager to get away from the crime.”
8. Mr. Reed [the man with the mask] is my next door neighbor.
9. I type about 40 words/minute.
10. This must have happened about 1984/1985.

For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/1XX21LW


No comments:

Post a Comment