Sunday, September 18, 2016

Lesson 21 – Parts of Speech – Pronouns

A pronoun is a word that replaces a noun or a group of words used as a noun. Pronouns are classified in five (5) different categories. They are personal pronouns, relative pronouns, demonstrative pronouns, indefinite pronouns, and interrogative pronouns. Some pronouns can appear in more than one classification. The way in which a pronoun is classified depends on how it is used in a sentence. In the next two weeks we will study the five kinds of pronouns.
Personal pronouns refer to (1) the speaker or speakers, which is called first person, and include the following pronouns: I, my, mine, me, myself, we, our, ours, us, ourselves; (2) those spoken to, which is called second person, and include the following pronouns: you, your, yours, yourself, yourselves; or (3) those spoken about, which is called third person, and includes the following pronouns: he, his, him, himself, she, her, hers, herself, it, its, itself, they, their, theirs, them, themselves. Personal pronouns can be singular (one) or plural (two or more) just as verbs and nouns.
Instructions: Find the personal pronouns in these sentences.
1. She hit him on his head.
2. I saw you at your store.
3. He himself will be our new friend.
4. It will be hard for me to see you.
5. They always get angry at her and me.
–For answers scroll down.
Answers:
1. She, him, his
2. I, you, your
3. He, himself, our
4. It, me, you
5. They, her, me

For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2d9Jx8L


No comments:

Post a Comment