Friday, July 21, 2017

Quiz for Lessons 226 – 230 – Parts of the Sentence – Participles

Instructions: Combine these sentences using a participial phrase.
1. I strolled down the lane. I was enjoying the fragrant air.
2. My dog wanted his meal. He was begging at my feet.
3. The contestant crossed her fingers for luck. She hoped it was the right answer.
4. The paramedic leaned over the victim. He was checking for vital signs.
5. The man shouted for help. He was hanging on the side of the boat.
Instructions: Rewrite these sentences so the participial phrase is used correctly.
6. Drinking in gulps, the pitcher was emptied.
7. Convinced of my honesty, I was allowed to leave.
8. Watching the sunset, the evening was beautiful.
9. Hanging in the closet, I found my new suit.
10. We saw several caves walking through the mountains.
–For answers scroll down.
Answers:
1. Enjoying the fragrant air, I strolled down the lane.
2. Begging at my feet, my dog wanted his meal.
3. Hoping it was the right answer, the contestant crossed her fingers for luck.
4. Checking for vital signs, the paramedic leaned over the victim.
5. Hanging on the side of the boat, the man shouted for help.
6. Drinking in gulps, I emptied the pitcher.
7. Convinced of my honesty, the police allowed me to leave.
8. Watching the sunset, I found the evening beautiful.
9. I found my new suit hanging in the closet.
10. Walking through the mountains, we saw several caves.

For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2vuPiXs


No comments:

Post a Comment